Sorry for being so MIA this summer!
Here are the links that have gotten me through the week! TGIF!
- I am running in a Dirty Girl Mud Run tomorrow morning!
- Women empowerment in business.
- Daily affirmations I am starting to use to grow.
- A great lesson on money!
- What I possibly could wear to my upcoming Engagement session!
- Such a cool invention, and great cause!
- I can’t wait to host my own Ladies Night In!
Have a great weekend!
TGIF! The end of a gloomy and rainy week. Here are the links that got me through this week!
1. How marriage changed me.
2. In love with this book and blog!
3. Bridal emergency beauty fixes.
4. I just got an Illuminator because of this article!
5. I am craving these fries!
6. Going to try a couple of these at my next dinner party.
7. I’ll be at the beach all next week and this is what will be in my bag!
Enjoy the weekend!
The news sucks. I hate wasting my time reading tons and tons of articles a day to be considered “up to date on current events”. Most of the time the news makes me feel depressed and annoyed with people or the way things are. For most of my college years I didn’t read/watch/talk about the news or other current events, unless it was required for a class I was taking. Not exactly something I am proud of since a lot happened while I was in college. To name a few: Haiti earthquake, Chilean Miners, Death of Osama Bin Laden, Japan’s Earthquake, Tsunami, and Nuclear explosion, Sandy Hook Elementary shooting, Boston Marathon Bombing, and the death of Nelson Mandela. But ever since I graduated college and entered the “real world” I have been working on being more knowledgeable about the world around me. Now fast forward a year and enter Skimm!!! This site changed my life and outlook on reading the news. This is a free email service and it is awesome! Over at Skimm they do all the reading of news articles for you and only tell you the important parts. They do link the original article so if you are interested in knowing more you can do that with a click of a button. I read mine every morning before work. It’s a great help for when people at work start talking about events and I have at least a small inkling of what they are referring to! Again it’s a free email service that sends you the news every morning Monday through Friday. I highly recommend it! Go check it out here!
Let me know what you think!
Hope you had a great week! Here are the links that got me through the week.
1. Crazy good financial tips from Mr. Money Mustache. It’s my new favorite site!
2. I am going to take the 1% challenge!
3. I love me some strawberry margarita’s!
4. Possible ideas for my next date night/day with my man.
5. Definitely need to practice my contouring.
6. Places that I need to go to for my “grown up” spring break!
7. A beautiful Las Vegas Wedding!
Have a great weekend!
“Commencement” by J. Courtney Sullivan. This book was interesting. It’s about four girls who meet at a New England all woman’s college. These girls all experience different things through out the book. One of the girls was molested as a child, is an extreme feminist and goes to great lengths to make a difference in the world. Another girl’s mother died right before she went away to college and this impacts her whole life through out the story. The third girl is a southern bell who has the perfect life then falls in love with a girl and her family won’t except her new relationship. The fourth and last girl is your average type of girl, but gets rapped one night during college and it changes her perspective on men forever.
The chapters are each written in a different girls perspective as the story progresses, which I really liked. It was a new reading experience for me.
This book is not something I normally would pick up and read, but I enjoyed it. I’m more of the cheesy romance novel kind of girl, who dabbles in the fantasy novel realm. I’m still not sure if I will ever reread this book though. I liked it and it was very different than what I normally read, which is good because variety is normally not a bad thing. Well, maybe I will reread it one day way in the future just not anytime soon.
TGIF!! Here are the links that got me through a rough week at work.
1. 33 places I need to go to in my life time.
2. Some solutions for my pesky acne.
3. Need to remember these rules the next time I’m at the gym.
4. Mother’s Day is right around the corner, here is a great list of gift ideas.
5. I used a couple of these tips this week at work.
6. Can’t wait to try styling my hair this way.
7. Running in this race tomorrow! Super pumped!
Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday! Hope you had a great week. Here are the links that got me through the week.
1. Four financial things newlyweds should do.
2. Nude nail polish for every skin tone.
3. I love how happy this desk organizer is! I want one so much.
4. I can’t wait for warmer weather to get here so I can do this!
5. Some of the things in Lauren Conrads makeup bag I need.
6. I am always trying to be a better friend.
7. I love cats, and this video made me cry because I was laughing so hard!